We are lovers of summertime here at DMID – the warmer evenings, sunshiny mornings, and spending more time outdoors with our loved ones. It seems as though this particular summer has gone by at the speed of light, but here’s what is keeping us inspired as the season comes to a close. Check out our Summertime Style inspiration board to see some of our favorite outdoor décor, furniture, dinnerware, and even a yummy recipe!
Find them here:
Ballard Designs – “Set of Two Paris Bistro Side Chairs” – Shown in Washed Jade. Buy it Here
- Williams Sonoma Home – “Outdoor Melon Printed Graphic Links Pillow” and “Outdoor Printed Saint-Tropez Ikat Pillow, Yellow”. Buy Melon Pillow Here and Buy Yellow Pillow Here
Adding printed, colorful pillows to your outdoor sofas and lounge chairs is a great way to incorporate pattern and color into your outdoor space.
- Perennials – “Tibetan Knot Rug” – Shown in Sticks, Breeze. Learn More Here
We were recently visited by our Perennials sales representatives at our office, and were shown these amazing Tibetan Knot Rugs made from 100% Solution Dyed Acrylic, meaning that yes, they are 100% appropriate for outdoor use even though the feel oh so plush under foot.
- Emissary – “Rain Garden Stool” and “O Garden Stool”. Buy Rain Garden Stool Here and Buy O Garden Stool Here
These bright stools act as drink tables or an extra place to perch, and they bring a unique pop of color and interest to unexpected areas.
- Williams Sonoma Home – “Non Slip Jalapeno Pepper Roaster” – Buy it Here
For those that love to entertain outdoors during the summer and cook up seasonally appropriate bites, this pepper roaster is a must-have. Check out a recipe recommendation below!
- Crate and Barrel – “Daisy Melamine Dinnerware” – Buy it Here
No summer party is complete without colorful dinnerware.
- Pottery Barn – “Premium Sunbrella Round Umbrella – Striped” – Buy it Here
Keep cool in the shade with these striped umbrellas, available in a bunch of different colorways.
Here is a delicious summer recipe that would be so perfect to use with the WSH Jalapeno Pepper Roaster:
PROSCIUTTO & PEPPER JACK CHEESE STUFFED JALAPENOS
Prepare the jalapenos – cut the top off of each pepper, and hollow out the center using a thin knife. Make sure to remove the seeds as well, being careful to not cut through the flesh of the pepper.
- Prepare the stuffing – cut the pepper jack cheese wedge into small rectangular sticks (probably around .25″ to .5″ wide, depending on what will fit in the peppers). Place a sheet of sliced prosciutto on your cutting board, and place the cheese stick near the end. Roll the prosciutto around the stick of cheese using your hands, and press at the end to secure.
- Put it together – Using your hands, place the prosciutto rolled cheese stick into the center of a cut jalapeno, packing it down firmly. Place the filled peppers in the roaster, with the open end pointing upwards.
- Fire it up – Place the packed roaster on a heated grill, and cover until the peppers start to blacken and tenderize. The longer you cook the pepper, the less intensely spicy it will be. When finished, the pepper should be soft and tender, with a slightly blackened, wrinkled skin.
- Serve – Carefully take the pepper roaster off of the grill, and allow the peppers to cool for a bit. Once cool enough to be touched, the peppers can be placed on small appetizer plates and easily cut with a fork and knife.
Enjoy this inspiration board, yummy recipe, and the rest of your summer season. We’d love to hear more about how you ready your interior and exterior spaces for the summer season, so feel free to leave a comment below!