Despite the heat waves sweeping California this week, it’s hard not to long for the coziness of Fall with pumpkin patches popping up all over the place! Sunny California may not be quite ready for autumn just yet, but we sure are, so we have 5 quick tips to get your homes Fall ready…
- Be more CREATIVE with your pumpkins! We love the clever idea of carving address numbers into your jack-o’-lanterns, or mixing natural with gilded pumpkins like the below Pottery Barn gourds.(Above photo courtesy of Sunset magazine)
- Adorn your front door or interior entry with an autumnal wreath. This Williams Sonoma Home wreath features maple, myrtle, and other seasonal plants. Look for things that will dry out nicely!
- Appeal to your sense of scent! Yankee Candle makes an amazing “Absolutely Autumn” candle that perfectly matches the season and fills your home with warmth. This Pottery Barn candle tray would make the perfect centerpiece on a dining table.
- Switching decorative pillows up around the house is an easy way to set a seasonally appropriate scene. These Pottery Barn pumpkin and “gather” pillows will transition easily from the beginning of the season through Thanksgiving.
- Bring fall colors into your home through seasonal bouquets. Seek out arrangements with rich amber, pomegranate, and earthy browns. They’ll perfectly adorn your entryway or dining table, and bring a pop of color to the kitchen.